These are my notes and outline for my talk at the Commonwealth Collective on August 23, 2012.
What is Regeneration?
- Two tensions in the New Testament
- Subjective – Titus 3:5
- Universal – Matt 19:28; Rev 21:5
- A Biblical View of Regeneration
- Objective Regeneration – In the person and work of Christ
- Subjective Regeneration – Through union with Christ based on the indwelling Holy Spirit
- Comprehensive Regeneration – God’s purpose to restore all things through the second coming of Jesus and the arrival of the New Heavens and New Earth